Wednesday, June 18, 2008

4 Names, 1 Dude, & 1 Ridiculous Album

While picking up some other awesome records during my lunchbreak yesterday, I stumbled upon Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson's debut LP. The first track off this album has been on repeat for me over the past couple weeks, so naturally I grabbed it.

When you have Grizzly Bear's Chris Taylor on production along with fellow bandmates Chris Bear and Daniel Rossen collaborating, chances are your going to produce an amazing album. Oh, and Kyp Malone of TV on the Radio also makes a few appearances. Wow.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure that even without all of the extra talent helping him out, this record would have been remarkable anyways. His songwriting style and lyrics are truly unique, which will certainly draw much attention to this new Brooklyn-based artist.

The album will be released on Say Hey Records July 1st, but Soundgarden has copies of it now. Check out a few of the tracks for free right here. "Burified" is the jam that has not left my head for the past month.

No comments: