Monday, June 20, 2011

Future Islands - "Before The Bridge"


Bmore Musically Informed has been on hiatus for about a month now, but I can no longer hold in all the good musical things that are coming out of this town. I still need employment, but I was offered some paid freelance work recently, so this will have to suffice enough for me to start blogging again. Thanks for all the kind words, help, and encouragement in regard to my search for work - it really means a lot.

One of the best things that happened while I stepped back from the blogosphere was a fresh track from one of my favorite bands in the world right now - Future Islands.



You can read more about "Before The Bridge" over at my post on Impose, but here's the basics. It's the A-side of a new 7" out on Thrill Jockey on July 19, which is limited to just 750 copies. It's the first new song to be heard since "The Ink Well", and it's drenched in promise of more amazing things to come from this Baltimore trio.

Pre-order the new 7" from Thrill Jockey Records right here, and peep some live footage of Future Islands playing the 2640 Space for Celebration's LP release show below.

No comments: