Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Brian Adam Ant

What if I were to tell you I knew of an artist who sounded like an amalgamation of Daniel Johnston, Cass McCombs, and maybe even some Woody Guthrie. Is that something you might be interested in? Well, like Bob, I don't really care either way. Mainly because Brian Adam Ant is pretty frickin' sweet whether or not you like the dudes mentioned above.

Mr. Ant has been rocking out ever since the fourth grade when he was in a band that sang a song about white men in their yellow suits and black men in their purple suits (shameless plug: I was in this band for 3 days and sang Helter Skelter, eventually being rightfully told that I sucked).

Brian recently moved from Bmore to Brooklyn to keep on keepin' on. He played with a few different bands here, the most recent being the Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad. He was the bassist and was labeled "The Pikesville Gynecologist". A seemingly normal name in a band that has "Captain Mediocrity", who is in charge of intimidation and tambourine.

I featured one of his most recent demos on my muxtape and expect more excellent things to come as he continues to write and record up in Brooklyn. You should probably go to Soundgarden and pick up his album Separation Celebration. Here's his video for "I'm So Bored" done by Better Hollywood Productions.

1 comment:

brianadamant@gmail.com said...

hey thanks dude! just for that, i wrote and recorded a song about how much i miss you. here is it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xiq9jxxcz2o

hope you like it.