Friday, March 25, 2011

Dog Leather - "Do Gleat Her"


Dog Leather is is the duo of Max Eisenberg aka DJ Dog Dick and Sewn Leather. I've had the pleasure of experiencing this unthinkable tandem live a few times, and recently posted the video for the first single called "Troll Spray". The debut LP is now available via Ehse Records, and I took advantage and downloaded it yesterday.

I had trouble choosing a track to share after my first few listens, as this beast beholds a multitude of righteous oddities that are worth a listen. I could have gone with "Gonky Monks", which would have been an abrasive introduction to a duo that deserves it.  Or, I could have chose "Stikky Yurple Stomp", a peak into the more avant noise-hop explorations found on the record. Instead, I decided to go with "Do Gleat Her".



This is the only track of it's kind on the LP, a spring-time hazer that goes down smoother than the rest of the scuzzy wonderment found on the Dog Leather debut. It seems to be the record's love song, a softer moment found within a piece titled Greezy Man and Stinky Man Meets Smutty Ranks On Tarantula Hill. Maybe not a fair representation, but peep the video for "Bad Poets Society" for a better idea of the LP's full scope.



You can snag the new LP from Ehse Records via MP3, CD, or vinyl right here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dope song, but im having a hard time figuring out how 25 minutes of music equals an LP, kinda disappointed.

Brett said...

I dunno, after 26 minutes, I certainly feel like I've gotten my money's worth/fill of Dog Leather.

killsaly said...

I could have used another 25 minutes of this excellent project.